Thursday 3 January 2013

Caught up in the excitement

After finishing the boys picture project I decided it was time to turn on my Christmas present. 
It is so pretty!
 I had been procrastinating a little as it looked a bit complicated and I wasn't sure what to make with it.
Slightly wonky crayon roll
I settled on a crayon roll just to test out the basic sewing and to practise bobbin winding and threading.
I was happy with the way it came out, but didn't get it quite straight. I was too eager and used the foot free button push sewing. Works well but I pushed the speed slider a little high for the material and it went a bit skew-if. It is for my nephews birthday. He is going to be 3 he really wont mind the wobble.
So many stitch functions!
Then this evening I decided to try some other functions. How great is this. I can also embroider but the people in the shop have offered to show me how when I have had the baby. I am most definitely taking them up on that.
The end result of my play was that the crayon roll now has my nephews name on the outer edge where you'll see it when it is all rolled up.
So that's another new make all finished and I can't wait to play some more!

What did you receive for Christmas? Have you been making things already this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and your experiences.