Wednesday 23 August 2017

Some making and some remaking.

We have finally settled if you can call it that into our new home and new routines, well except that it's the holidays and routines are all out of the window. However we are getting used to the heat and the sun and the heat. Sorry for those of you in currently less warm and dry areas.
And more importantly our stuff is here. All the little things you don't realise you will miss as much as you do. It's still strange not having everything here but the main thing is I have my essential sewing things. And they have proved useful. I found myself fashioning a WW2 top and flat cap from a donated jumper for the school play, I needed to create two outfits for a dress up day, I had the small people order cushions for a couple of birthday parties and the little miss was desperate for a skirt.
One of the cushions.
 This was partly because I bought her a dress for 20c in the thrift shop. But it was too big. I took the straps off thinking to revamp it for her and was caught by the thought I might just try it on myself as a skirt. I did have to take it in an inch as the shirring was completely shot but it's had many an outing since. I was impressed with the result for 20c. Hence the need to make her a new skirt. 
Before
After



The make up skirt.
The skirt went down a treat, it was worn to nursery and she received several compliments so that was me out of the doghouse for using her dress to make something for me.

Come back soon for some more new makes and a bit of winging it with knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and your experiences.