Wednesday 9 November 2011

Forgive me bloggers. . .

for I have neglected my little corner of blog world recently.
I have no excuse other than life. It just keeps coming but things seem to be about normal again now. (So hugely chaotic and very tiring). :o)
I went to possibly the worst evening sale ever last week. I felt ever so sorry for the woman who organised it as it was her first. But I think she learnt a lot and despite selling 2 plastic left over bead childrens bracelets for the grand total of £1 I had a lovely evening and I don't regret the experience at all. I was luckier than some of the people who either sold nothing at all or who had travelled a long way. I think there were about 6 people through the door. We ended up calling it a night quite early. I had only paid half in advance for my table and I ended up helping the people set up the room as I arrived early allowing for non existing traffic. After my help she asked me not to pay the remaining fee so I only ended up £4 down rather than £9. And I met a couple of lovely people. 1 who asked me to do a fashion show in Ipswich as the 'exclusive' jewellery stand. I was one of 4 on Friday. And one lovely lady who sells cakes and homemade mincemeat. Subsequently she has ordered 2 bracelets from me for her self and her friend who is leaving for Australia. So not a total washout and I've made a few new contacts.
My little table. That's my friend Mel in the corner. She was at the table next to me with bodyshop.
Other than that I have started a new project. My son would like an orange and black scarf. He choose the wool himself in the shop. I certainly will have no problems spotting him in a crowd. I photographed it wrong side up but you get the idea. Hubby in his excitment at my knitting needles bought a magazine of soft toys for me to knit. I will have to master the basics a bit more before attempting the patterns in it though. The same son has asked me to make him the hedgehog from it. Really?! A knitted hedgehog. . .
I hope you are all getting ready for the festive season. I am looking forward to December as I have taken part in the Advent Swap and my parcel is here already. I must not peek! I will take some photos to show you all next time.
Until then. :o) xx

3 comments:

  1. i know what you mean about life, its a bit like that here, nothing i can put my finger on just life!!!
    craft fayre and shopping evenings can be so hit and miss can't they, hubby used to joke i could only come home from one if I had made enough money for a curry, sometimes i did sometimes i didn't!!!
    i can't belive you already have you advent swap parcel i'm still beavering away at mine!!!
    the scarf is coming along nicely and you're right you will definitely spot him in a crowd..
    my knitting skills are quite basic so when my daughter asked for knitted guinea pigs I asked one of the lovely ladies over at misi to make them!!! good luck with the hedgehog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that the evening didn't go to well, but at least you tried it and managed to get some contacts out of it so not a wasted journey after all :) x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad the evening wasn't a total loss for you, love the look of that scarf - my kind of colours :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and your experiences.