Sunday 15 December 2013

Christmas is coming.

And our youngest is in need of a stocking. We couldn't get her one to match the other four so I decided to make her one of her own. Annoyingly the hoop for my machine is broken and waiting on a new one but was still pleased with the outcome. The fabric is Holiday Frost which I bought from the lovely Rachel at Rooftop Fabrics. (If you haven't come across them before take a look). It is lined with a cheaper white cotton from our shop up the road and the cuff is micro fleece also from Rooftop. It has a ribbon hanger and a red button to finish it off. I was undecided whether to use a pattern or draw around one of ours and I ended up downloading a pattern from Simply Notable. You could easily just draw your own though. To add the lining I added a slightly larger seam and just popped it inside the stocking before sewing the cuff on.


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and your experiences.