Saturday 26 July 2014

Cake, cake and more cake. . . Oh and a minion

I know I said I was going to share some sewing photos with you next time I visited but I have been doing rather a lot of baking the last few days and I thought I would share a few pictures with you while it was fresh in my mind.
This first cake was for my husband's 35th birthday.
He had said not to worry about a cake for him but the boys are at that age when a birthday involves a cake or it's not a proper birthday. They loved it, husband loved it and the 18th month old loved it. As we have so much cake at this time of year I took a large slice, (almost half the cake), to our good friends up the road. Their boys were quite excited by it. We got to talking about cake and I dug out a picture of the first cake I made my husband, 8 years ago now.
He was a groundie back in those days so it seemed fitting.
But back to the current baking, our oldest munchkin turns 6 on Tuesday and is having his party tomorrow. He requested a minion bowling. Nothing complicated about that at all. . . 
We decided we would attempt a rainbow cake, our colour selection wasn't great but it's not too bad.

This is him after the 22nd interruption from one or other of the children. We gave up at this point and took them to a friends barbecue for a couple of hours.
 
And here he is finished. Minus his bowling ball which is not quite finished but not far off. Needs it's finger holes and it's number 6. There is going to be a lot of cake going spare as we only have one lane booked which is for eight children.
I am pleased with him, he is by no means perfect but he is homemade with love and a little bit of stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and your experiences.