Tuesday 14 August 2012

Cracked it!

To be able to write and red posts properly I need to use Google chrome. I wish someone had said that earlier!!
SO I am a little behind with things what with not being able to get this to post for months properly. 
For the Make a Month I very boringly made another bunny rabbit in June. I have two boys and they both wanted one so here is bunny number two. Orange is his favourite colour, he choose the wool for the bunny!
Then in July I carried on with the around the house theme and made number two son a cot bed quilt. It was my first attempt at quilting with proper materials and I was really pleased with the end result!
In July we also celebrated a couple of birthdays in our house.
The first was Hubby. He was 33 and after a few evenings playing dominoes with my brother and sister in law on our guest house trip in Poland. I thought a domino cake would be just the thing.
The second 3 days later was number one son. He was 4 and wanted a pirate cake. The children at his party loved it and all went home full of far too much sugar!
We spent a week in Poland with my brother and his family. This was the first night after we arrived at the lake down the road. (Bumpy gritty sandy track). It was a wonderful week. The boys and their two cousins also boys and just older than them all had a fantastic week together and enjoyed days in the lake and the sun. It was not somewhere I considered as a holiday spot before but my brother and his family go there quite often so we joined them this year and it was definitely somewhere we would consider going back to. 
There were lots and lots of these and the boys loved spotting them on all the roofs and poles as we drove around. 
It's now the school holidays and number 1 son starts proper school in September. We need to book him in on the bus and buy his uniform. I can't believe he is ready for school already. He is very excited about getting a new school bag and lunch box and going on the bus with his friends. I know the bus will be fine and is accompanied by adults who supervise the children but he looks so small compared to the other children!
I will leave you with this picture of hubby and number 2 son fishing in the second lake we stayed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and your experiences.