Saturday 8 November 2014

Seasonal Sewing and something for me.

I have been trying a few new patterns out recently. Trying to expand my sewing skills. The first is a Halloween themed Hummingbird Dress from Rabbit Rabbit Creations. It was pretty easy to sew but I made the mistake of assuming the age 2 would fit my 22 year old and it did but only just. She won't be keeping it for next year that's for sure. The fabric was 2 euro a meter last year in Tedox for a cape and pinny dress. This was the left overs. So the meter has done well.


The second is the Izzy top from Climbing the Willow. I love this pattern. The age 2 fits with room to grow. This fabric was from a Facebook selling page. I saw it and knew I needed it for a Christmas Izzy. It has yet to be worn but now we are into November it is going to be coming out of the drawer.


 Finally is the not quite finished Bebe dress by Serendipity. I bought the fabric from a shop in a village near us called Hansons. It had lots of choice and this was on the sale shelf. Turns out it wasn't in the sale but you can't win them all. I should have added length to the dress as it's a bit short but I think now it's done I will add a band, probably in a deep chocolate brown as there is brown in the paisley. I just need to find the right stuff.


So that's what I have been making recently. I also have a stack of projects to get on with. I have unpacked the moving crate behind the dummy since taking the picture. It had all my beads and things in and now I am drawn to making some jewellery. Maybe some simple earrings. I am not sure yet. My small people are always eager to help when beads are concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and your experiences.