Thursday 10 March 2016

Frozen fever

As the handful of you who visit on a regular basis will remember we went to America last summer to see some of my husbands family. And of course to shop for fabric. And I have slowly been working through our haul, various pj's for children and husband, skirts and dresses for madam and shirts for the boys. There is still a fair bit left and all the stuff for me that hasn't been used yet.
Yesterday during preschool I traced off the pattern for another free pdf dress, this is a cross over dress I found on Craftsy which goes from age 2-6. I traced off age 4 and hoped it would suffice. During naptime I got cutting, I decided after months of wondering what was the perfect pattern for Anna and Elsa I would just cut and hope. As it's reversible I choose a fabric I wasn't sure I was going to use that came in a bundle for the reverse, it's Michael Miller print. I actually really like it now. The pattern I had was very easy to make, similar to the Squashed Peas and Carrots one if you have seen that. And it didn't take long at all. I top stitched all around when closing and the thread ran out, luckily I had some very, very similar to finish off with. It doesn't photograph that well flat but she wanted to wear her 'Skellington' skirt today. (Which you may have read about before).
The front of the dress, looks like any A.line dress front really.
The back cross over part of the dress. Here you can see our Michael Miller lining, the Kams on this side are a matt green to coordinate with the fabric. 
She is very happy with the dress and so am I. More stash used not that you seem to see the difference in the pile. I may need a sewing marathon to get through it all.
How is your week progressing?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and your experiences.