Saturday 14 November 2009

Latest Fayre - Christmas Shopping Night

Well last week I attended a christmas shopping night at my local community centre. I was given good reports and told how busy and succesful it had been last year so I was fairly upbeat about it. I only paid £5 for a small table and then had to donate an item for the grand raffle.
There was one other stall selling jewellery and christmas baubals, (mass produced not handmade), so I kept my fingers crossed. We were sandwhiched between a sweet and chocolate stall and a nude calendar selling for Help for Heros which meant though there was a fair amount of traffic we got bypassed quite a lot due to the collection of people chatting to the calendar girls and blocking our table from view.
However I did manage to sell a pendant to the chocolate stall holder for his wife and just as I was about to call it a day I sold a couple of bits of childrens jewellery. I left with a grand total of £11. The lady to the other side of the chocolate man was also selling handmade and she too had a fairly disapointing time. I have pointed her in the direction of Folksy and hope to see her there soon.
Here's hoping the next one is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and your experiences.