Sunday 19 September 2010

Waiting. . .

I have been a bit quiet recently but there is a good reason for this. Last Wednesday we were told to go into hospital as it seemed the baby was coming, only a few weeks early so no worries but they wanted to check us out. On Thursday morning we were in the same place we'd been the night before, (2cm), and the contractions had pretty much worn off so we were sent home and told to come back later when they were regular again.
We are still waiting for 'later'. They seem to come at night and disappear during the day. The first day at home I mostly slept from lack of sleep, luckily a good friend came and took my little one off to hers for playtime and tea and he loved it. So I was able to relax as was hubby.
On Friday I felt ill all day but nothing happened and by yesterday I had pretty much given up on anything happening for a while.
We feel really silly as my hubby was supposed to go away with work in the early hours of tomorrow morning but he has been taken off the course and 'ordered' not to go into work at all but to sty home and look after me. Thing is there seems to ba a complete lack of anything happening.
Perhaps we'll buy some pineapple when we pop out to the shops later. LOL.

So that is why I have been a bit quiet but I am still here!

I haven't added anything new for a few days but here are a couple of pics of items in the shop to keep you going.

2 comments:

  1. I suppose the way to look at it is that the baby will come when he/she is ready, but the waiting, oh my god thats hard!!!!
    you could guarentee that if your hubby went on his course the baby would make a swift appearance but as he's not will probably make you wait a little longer!!!
    good luck with the waiting i found that the threat of a sweep from the midwife made my last one make an appearance!!!
    good luck with the pineapple!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and your experiences.